Wednesday, August 11

The Pink Running Shoes

Just recently (about a week ago) my sister Katelyn moved to Santa Barbara. This is unbelievably good news for me and here is why:
1. She is a great cook. And she regularly makes me lunch and dinner!
2. She lives in a beautiful house that is much cleaner and much bigger than mine.
3. I love her. And now we get to spend A LOT of time together (Her roommates might be getting sick of me...).

Tonight she and I joined her new roommates for a 5k run that is put on by Nites Moves every Wednesday night in Santa Barbara. Not only is it a beautiful run, but it has the feel of a real race: an outlined course, a finish line with a clock, and lots of really fit runners!

But here is what really impressed me. Santa Barbara Running Co. has a kiosk at the end of the race where they have a neon sign that reads: "FREE SHOES". This is a phrase that makes my heart skip a beat. And it gets better. They have bright pink running shoes that I am sure would take minutes off of my time. So the process goes like this: sign your name on a sheet and become a "fan" of SB Running Co. on Facebook. You are then put into a drawing for a fitting and free pair of running shoes. Done and done. Lemme get those neon shoes. The nice guy that was running the booth told me they would announce the winner around 9pm on their Facebook account. Can't wait. I reminded my sister multiple times that I was sure to be the lucky one.

Because it is 10:40 pm you may be wondering, "Taylor, did you win those beautiful shoes?" I hate to report that tonight, I was not the chosen one. But I look at it this way: this is great motivation to keep going. Nite Moves meets three more times this summer and I WILL win the pink shoes. Can't wait to post the picture next week!

3 comments:

  1. You're gonna win! You're gonna win! P.S. Thanks for the shout out, blog-style :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously am going to win. We will laugh about this next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever win? I NEED to know!

    ReplyDelete