Wednesday, January 20

Thankful Thankfultons!

About a year ago my sisters let me in on a little ritual they practiced every morning to start their days in a positive spirit: e-mailing each other a list of five to ten things they were thankful for in their lives. After being let in on their daily e-mail chain, I was hooked. I was able to think of twenty things I was thankful for quicker than ever before. So after an extended break from announcing my "thankful thankfultons", as my sister Brooke would say, I am bringing them back. And glad to be, as I have much to be thankful for. So here they are:

Today I am thankful for:
1. My heating mattress pad that my mom gave me for Christmas. Sure southern California is never that cold but it does come in handy when we have the winter weather we are experiencing right now. Thunder, lightning and rain can't stop me from me being warm!

2. My dear friend Christine helping me make coconut macaroons last night. SO. DELICIOUS.



Homemade Coconut Macaroon cookies.




3. My sister Katelyn introducing me to many delicious recipes and teaching me healthy eating tips. Without her I might be ten, unwanted pounds heavier.

4. My boss letting me wear my pink rainboots all day today at work. I guess it was casual/comfy day at work because of all the yucky weather.

5. My healthy, functioning body.

6. Clean water and a warm house. After hearing about all of the people struggling in Haiti it is good to acknowledge even the most basic of necessities.

I am happy to have thankfuls back for 2010. I feel confident that I will have a lot to be thankful for this year. More to come later!


XOXO,
Taylor  

1 comment:

  1. Those macaroons look AWESOME! Make 'em again and dip them in chocolate.

    ReplyDelete