Monday, January 18

New Years Resolutions

Welcome to what is to become my new favorite hobby: Making Tee. With the change of the decade and a promising new year I have decided to start a blog that will document my experiences as I work to accomplish my new years resolutions. So, here I go.


This year, 2010, I have made two new years resolutions:
·      1.  to think positively of myself and the people around me, and
·      2. to begin to uncover my real self (I have always been inspired by a quote by David Harold Fink:    “Know what you want. Become your real self", readily available on my Facebook page's favorite quotes section)

I’m not sure if it is the new year, or the gradual aging that has fallen upon me but I am now, more than ever, ready to try new things and find what I am truly passionate about. I figure blogging will serve as trying something new while I record the things I am learning about myself over the course of this year (which I have high hopes for J). So to begin, here are the things I have discovered about myself since January 1st:

 First, I have a serious addiction to buying clothes, lingerie, accessories, shoes, house wares, antiques, craft supplies… and the list continues. Essentially, I am addicted to shopping. When I am not physically shopping in local stores and boutiques, I am shopping online. And when I am not shopping online I am making virtual purchases in my mind. I think it is a sickness and being a college student, it might be fatal.

Second, I actually DO like cooking. I just discovered that when following a recipe I CAN cook and really do enjoy the entire process. While I was home at my mom’s house during the holidays I had three successful cooking experiences: a roasted vegetable pasta salad, delicious cranberry orange cookies and delicious popover pastries! Who knew I could cook and actually make something worth eating??



Popover pastries with raspberries. Yum!

           
Third, I have the courage to live abroad. And I am elated about my plans to study in France during 2011. The idea of living in Paris has occupied my mind since my family visited France some years ago, but just recently have I committed to actually manifesting my fantasy into reality. After talking about study abroad experiences over coffee with my sisters one morning, I have made plans to study through the EAP center in Paris, France during my senior year of college. Since that morning I have been daydreaming daily about my Parisian life waiting for me in 2011. I do not think this will be good for my shopping addiction.

To continue exploring what excites me and tests my courage, I am vowing to try new activities, foods, books, trends, etc. to uncover my true self. I figure that with a change of decade and many changes in my life this year it is a perfect time to explore myself and find out what I truly love. I can’t wait to see what comes!

XOXO,
Taylor

2 comments:

  1. This captures you perfectly! And, what a great way to kick off the new year! Way to go Little Beebee. xxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee Lee I think this is a great idea! Can't wait to see what you discover... I think it's going to be a great year! xoxox, b

    ReplyDelete