Tuesday, January 19

We're Going to the Circus!

After five relaxing days of snuggling with my puppies, reading my new book and spending time with my family at home, I am well rested and back in Santa Barbara. A perfect way to end my very long winter break.

While I spent most of my time inside due to northern California's stormy winter weather, my family and I did bare the cold one evening to venture into San Francisco. In accordance with what I named "French Week", my mom and step dad generously treated my sister and I to third row seats to see Cirque Du Soleil: Ovo, which is currently touring the bay area. Words can not accurately portray the unbelievable performance that we watched that evening, but if I had to give it my best shot I would say this: I would forfeit all movie watching rights in exchange for monthly tickets to see Cirque Du Soliel. Maybe even bi-monthly. After every segment of the two hour show, my jaw dropped, my stomach clenched and I became a sudden believer in magic. Not only did the performers make the physically impossible happen, they also put on an excellent theatrical show. Each performer was adorned in beautifully ornate costumes and never once stepped out of character. Truly an amazing show that I highly recommend. Not to mention a new form of entertainment that I can add to my list of "activities tried" for 2010. And a great way to kick off "French Week".


Mom, Darrell and Katelyn outside the tents of Cirque Du Soleil


Mom, Darrell and I 


After a wonderful week spent laughing, snuggling and keeping warm from the winter weather I am glad to be back in Santa Barbara, gearing up for spring semester. As always I am already missing my sister's offer to make breakfast, my dad's espresso machine and my mom's bear hugs, but I am excited to welcome in my last semester at city college and make it the best yet!

XOXO,
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment