Thursday, August 19

To My Dad

Cheers to my dad on his 56th birthday!

My dad is a true gem. All of these years, he has been surrounded by women constantly and he still remains sane. Truly a feat, considering we ladies are quite a handful. I fondly remember him sitting through endless amounts of dance competitions, having to help make decisions about what shoes look better, and trying to decipher what all of the items on my Christmas list were. What a trooper!

Although I live in Santa Barbara now, my dad's love and support have never faltered. To this day I constantly hear: "Listen to your body" when it comes to working out, "Drink plenty of water and take some vitamins. You can take up to four a day!" when I am sick, and "I am so proud of you" when I am feeling down. Just the things you need to hear when you are away from home. :)


So, today Dad, I thank you for all of the Trader Joe's gift cards, the countless GIANT's games we have attended, the laugher you supply when you sing Earth, Wind and Fire or Roy Orbison, and the few hundred times you have checked the "vitals" in my car (let's face it, I'm not going to do it). You mean the world to me, and I love you forever.

1 comment: