Tuesday, December 7

What A Week.

I have to say... these past 9-10 days have been difficult. After losing my beloved grandmother last week every other negative event in my life has been amplified to the point where I was able to cry on demand. Such events included: Josie the Jeep going to mechanic heaven (and away from me) and finals week becoming "write as many papers as you can" week. Fortunately, this week is over in two days and then I can relax appropriately alongside my puppies, sisters, mama and pops.

While the past week has been trying, I have several things I am infinitely grateful for:

After losing my Grandma last week, my sister and I were given the opportunity to go through her clothes and take what we wished. This was like a dream come true for me. Searching through my Grandma's vintage clothes and taking whatever I wanted?? Yes, please! As I drove back to Santa Barbara last weekend with two HUGE bags full of my grandma's beautiful clothes in tow, I couldn't help but smile, shed a tear and remind myself of how lucky I was to bring a piece of her home with me. Definitely a positive spin on a rough weekend.

A handful of my finds: A satin, peach jumpsuit, a tan leather coat,
a fur stole and a comfy, red sweater.  

Grandma and Grandpa on their wedding day.
Stunning, right?

My dad. My personal new-used-car-finder. Even after en emotional week he is still willing to help me find and finance some wheels. What a guy!
 

My mama. She sure knows how to cheer me up. While home last week she introduced me to the most amazing christmas store, that is stocked with pre-decorate, themed trees. There was a whole tree devoted to owls! 


A corvette themed tree.

And an owl themed tree. So cute!

My aunt and cousins, who hooked me up with eyelash extensions. I have to say, them are am-az-ing.  They are located in Santa Cruz and have great prices (about 1/4 of what you would be charged anywhere else). Their website is in the making but if you would like their contact information let me know! 


Love you forever, Grandma.
So, in honor of one of the most inspiring and beautiful women I have met, I vow to let go of the stress and anxiety I have experienced this week (as Grandma deDiego always said "Take it one day at a time") and wear some of the most amazing vintage clothes I have ever come across. Thank you for the wonderful memories Grandma. 

1 comment:

  1. That is the CUTEST picture of Grandma. <3 Great post Tee. Can't wait to see Grandma's treasures.
    xo
    b

    ReplyDelete