Tuesday, November 16

Meet My Pretty Friend.. and Pretty Jacket.


After weekends like the one just past, I wish that I could hang out with all of my best friends everyday, especially Kylee. We have been friend since 6th grade and although we now live in different cities and we are both constantly busy with work, school, or other projects, we do a pretty good job of staying in touch. After spending the weekend laughing, shopping, taking 20 minutes to make a single decision, and exploring LA, I couldn't help but think of how grateful I am that she and I quickly fall back into routine, even though we only see each other every month & half or so.

As always, Kylee and I went shopping in Santa Monica and did minor damage (but enough that I am living on canned food leftover in my pantry). It's dangerous when we shop together for the following reasons: (1) we have similar style, and are very good at sharing clothes so we convince each other to buy things, and (2) we are very good at rationalizing why we should spend X amount of dollars regardless of the bills we have to pay or the lack of gas in one of our cars. I think we would both agree that if we were millionaires, we would be the best dressed. :)

Anyways, while shopping in Santa Monica I scored a darling sequin jacket, perfect for work during the holidays and... our trip to Vegas! That's right! Kylee is turning 21 and we are off to Vegas in January and this sparkly stunner is definitely coming with.

Oh rose gold, I love you. 

I'm thinking jeans, white blouse, this and my nude pumps for the holidays at work. And for vegas, a black dress, this, and strappy shoes. Can't wait! Pictures to come. :)

XOXO,
Taylor

7 comments:

  1. Taylor--Can I pay you to be my personal shopper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, yes, & yes again! I think NYC is the perfect place for me to take my 1st client! haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thiiings that spaaarrrklllleeee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me smile! You are a great writer Taylor.
    PS- Love the jacket.
    AND both of you should always be sure you have plenty of gas in your cars (sorry, I am a mom you know.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are Grandma's invited to the Vegas blowout?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had such a good weekend with you. Just like the good ol' days...
    shopping, constantly wearing each others clothing, making cookies, more shopping, sleep overs, lots of giggles, got a little dancing in... It was so great, not only catch up, but to spend some quality Q.T. together! It's my turn to venture up your way & Next time in LA we will do Malibu hike and the flea market... well the next time after Vegas! WooHoo!
    p.s.The anonymous commenter is my Mother. She didn't know how to make it say her name... but she is a follower!
    XOXO Love Chu

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, Laurie I will ALWAYS make sure to put gas in my car... but sometimes I have to chance it for the sake of sparkly items! I hope to see you during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete