Monday, August 8

Found: Vintage Treasures

The number of days until I arrive in Paris is dwindling down... rapidly. Today was the first day where it was hard to eat food due to the constant flutter of butterflies in my stomach. While my nerves are increasing, so is my excitement. This past weekend I found an amazing bay area thrift store, which allowed me to buy multiple cashmere (yes, cashmere) sweaters, a beautiful coat circa 1950, and the most needed Paris clothing article, a tan trench coat. Best of all I spent under $70 for fifteen items. The better portion of these items are being dry cleaned, but there will soon be many pictures of these treasures amongst a beautiful French scenery. Thrift Town gets two enthusiastic thumbs up from me.

My favorite find: 1930's hat. 
And after spending all of yesterday scouring booth after booth at the Alameda Vintage Flea Market with my mama, I walked away with a vintage cashmere skirt and a flapper-esce hat circa 1930. It was the best day of hunting and browsing, even though the weather felt more like fall than summer (but it made it much easier to buy much needed wintery items rather than levi cut-offs and summer dresses!). Cutest hat ever, right? I can't wait to put all of my new cold weather clothes to use while exploring many European cities. Until then, Ill be wearing some of my finds (black cashmere sweater and velvet blazer) to the Giants game tonight, considering San Francisco always has far too cold of weather. This may be the first time I am welcoming of 50 degree weather during the month of August.

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. 9 days! Tee, you're going to look great and have a blast! I'm so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete